Friday, April 18, 2008

FATTY BOW!

Last night for our monthly "What's Cooking" group we learned how to decorate a cake using fondant. It was so much fun and it was a girls night that I definitely needed! But anyone who knows me knows I'm not the most creative person. I can follow a picture or copy and idea, but to come up with my own is beyond me! So I was doing some lattice work on my cake and had no idea where to go from there and then Jen Schuman came up with the best idea to do a "FATTY BOW" - GENIUS!!! We got laughing so hard as we were making the loops to the bow! My friend Melody who was teaching the class told me on Sunday that I reminder her of a Disneyland princess so when she saw this bow she said it reminder her of something from Disneyland and that it was fitting. I don't really get the whole princess thing, but as long as she isn't referencing Princess Fiona from Shrek - I think I will be ok with it. :) Thanks Melody and everyone who planned last night!!! I had so much fun and my hand are stilled dyed with awesome pink and yellow!

6 comments:

{jen} iCandyhandmade said...

LOVE IT!!!

Maren and Dustin said...

Okay, I've done my fair share of cakes, but I just don't do fondant, because it can be really hard. Your little cake looks great! And who doesn't love a fatty bow? (And I'm so glad to see you throwing down some more posts, it's like finding a little treasure every time I blog!) - Maren

Katie said...

Wow! That's impressive!

Christy {The Girl Who Ate Everything} said...

I need tips. You did a great job. I had no idea ou were so domestic!

Matt and Melody Odell said...

I feel so honored to get a shout-out on your blog! I can't believe you said your not creative, you are such a mastermind, especially with pink lemonade. I had fun with you at the game and at Amber's. Thanks for the girl time!

Kristin said...

Sophie is looking at this and says "That looks goooood."
So cute!