Monday, October 20, 2008

1st Annual Haunted House Decorating Contest

Dawn and Brian - Party planner extraordinaire! And their house complete with landscape!

Jeff very focused while he decorated! I so appreciate that he will do this stuff with me! He can pipe frosting like it's nobodies business!
Our Award Winning Haunted House! Notice that as you enter the house you enter his mouth! :) Front and back views.
I had to add a picture of the house below! I call this house the Mardi Gras House! I love this house because the McDonald girls worked on it and I think they included every possible type of candy that was there!

BIG THANKS to Dawn and Brian for throwing our 1st Annual Haunted House decorating contest! It was so much fun to have all our friends together and even more exciting that the Lombardi's new house was able to accommodate everyone and some! We did potluck style with soups, breads, and desserts and then everyone was to bring all the stuff they wanted for decorating. I saw candy last night that I didn't even know existed before! It was so fun and I'm so excited that we have started a new Halloween tradition!!!

11 comments:

Robertsons said...

I am SO, so sad we missed it!

Emily C said...

your haunted mansions look awesome!! what a great idea!

Kristin said...

I've thought about it and words cannot express how TOTALLY COOL that idea is!!! So fun.

Maren and Dustin said...

That is a fun tradition. We always have a Halloween Cookie Painting party in October, which is perfect for little ones. Way to be Jeff, it must have been all the concentration that put you guys over the top. (I think he gets all the decorating skills from me...:))

Maren

Alison said...

How Fun! We did gingerbread houses one year but they turned out looking a bit like haunted houses... Yours was awesome!

Katie said...

Oh how fun! And how impressive that you guys made such amazing haunted houses! Wish we could have been there!

Amanda and Ryan McCarty said...

Your house turned out so stinking cute. I may have to bring this tradition to Provo what a great idea. I can't believe you went to Yo Yo Yummy without me. I have told anyone who would listen about it, I may need to start a franchise here so that I can satisfy my addiction. Hope to see you this weekend for a little Soccer. Love Ya.

the Koch's said...

You two have some mad decorating skills! Our house was shameful next to yours... and it's not like we have Charlie to blame it on. Thanks for sharing your peanut butter M&M's with us!

Jana Howard said...

Oh my gosh!! How fun! Your house rules! :) I'm so glad you had such a fun night. I love new traditions. Halloween definitely needed one! Kudos to you guys!

Brian Markjam said...

your blog is so cool. how's it going? Congrats on getting married!! How've you been? I've talked to Jenn a few times on Facebook. thanks for the note on my blog. your haunted houses are such a cool idea.
-Brian Markham

Amanda and Ryan McCarty said...

I knew you were still bitter about the Disneyland thing!!! We will go just for you when we come down again. When we went to Amanda's last game Jackson kept saying, "Mom, where is Stephanie I just can't find her anywhere." He misses you so much. I think you and Jeff need to come up for a little skiing trip this winter.