Friday, September 19, 2008

Reliving the Glory Days!

Brunch at Sundance! AMAZING!!! The best food ever! I love having the vacation clause!
Umm.. Yeah that's right - that's Robert Redford!
YOU KNOW WHY! We watched "What Happens in Vegas" and we were dying over the end scene it the credits! This is Allison waiting up for Amanda to come home from "hanging out" with a boy. Let's just say - Allison and I are getting older and we were not able to stay awake - so sad!
We didn't even plan it, but Swiss Days was going on! My mom and I went and looked at all the fun stuff! Luckily we flew to Utah so we were limited on what we could buy. We also made sure that we stopped in Heber to get milkshakes at Granny's!
What is reliving the glory days without going to a BYU football game! SO FUN! Here we are having the time of our lives! We had awesome seats and yes that is a picture of Allison and I with Cosmo! We were both so embarassed as we waited in line with a bunch of 4 year olds, but go big or go home! You can tell by my red skin that it was SOOO HOT! We were dying! Also I feel like I should add that the shirt I'm wearing is intended to be blousy - I feel I should bring that up since I look like a heffer!

The entourage cheering on Amanda at her soccer game! We were able to see two games and they won both of them! So fun! Pretty much my sisters a rock star! I love watching her play!

S0 needless to say the trip was amazing! A big thanks to Amanda for letting us live through her once again! Allison and I totally crashed at her place at Belmont for the weekend! It was so much fun listening to her and roommates talk and to get to meet the boys that came around. I learned that I am much older than I would sometimes like to give into, but go to BYU for a weekend and you walk away with a whole new vocabulary. It's amazing! I also forgot to mention that we went the Boys to Men concert in Orem while we were there! Seriously - Utah is so much fun to visit! Good times had with Mom, Allison, Amanda, and Whitney!

13 comments:

Alison said...

Looks like a super fun trip! Tell Allison we say hello!

Christy {The Girl Who Ate Everything} said...

I get flashbacks of BYU seeing your pics. So fun! I want to see What happens in Vegas. I remember going to Gondolfos then straight to the BYU game. Man, that was so long ago.

Dawn said...

love "girl-cation" and love provo! We don't have any family there anymore so we'll have to make up a new excuse to go get some cafe rio!

Lisa said...

No way! I don't know why but I feel totally old right now. What a fun trip. Love the pict's

Maren and Dustin said...

I love Granny's milkshakes! You are just a woman on the go! (No wonder I can never get a hold of you!) Call me!

Maren

Travelin' Tracy said...

I am so jealous...I would love to go to a BYU game again...I remember the good ole days. I am getting old too because last night we were in Macedonia and there was a beer festival in the capitol city. I wasn't trying to drink or anything but there was live music and souviniers...but after climbing and hiking all day I last about an hour and was basically leaning on my husband to go home! hahaa....no drinking for him!

Dixons said...

You actually make Utah look cool!! I definitely need to go up to Sundance. It's been too long. It was so fun to see you, even just for a little while. And I'm now officially in love with those cupcakes, thanks alot! P.S. Why did I not know about the Boyz to Men concert!!? So great. :)

Amanda and Ryan McCarty said...

What about the McCartys you had super fun with us as well. Can't wait to see you guys in a couple of weeks. Go Cougs!!

Melanie Jacobson said...

I dream of the Sundance brunch buffet sometimes....mmmm....

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding me! Those pictures are so fun and makes me want a girls trip soooo bad.

Emily said...

How fun! Oh how I miss the glory days! I love Granny's milkshakes! Looks like you had a great time! (tell Arvisu that I say HELLO!)

Brian said...

Hi Stephanie and Jeff, we found you through Jana's blog...it's been a long time since those fun days as youth in the HB stake! Glad to see you're enjoying life.

-Brian and Staci Smith

p.s....say hi to your mom for me!!

Skousen Family! said...

oh gosh you gotta LOVE THE BUBBLE!!
YOu have to tell Allison I said HI!